Monday, December 26, 2016

To Die Daily by C.J. Cutrone

Title: To Die Daily: That the Life and Power of Christ Abides Continually
Author: C.J. Cutrone
Published by: Word & Spirit Ministries

My Rating: ★★★★★

SUMMARY FROM GOODREADS:

What does it mean to die daily? Why does it even matter for me to be in union with Christ through His death? Many people who are Christians and love God are not walking in God's power and victory. You cannot through the flesh conquer the flesh and please God. It is through the Spirit of God, by faith in the victory of Jesus Christ, that we, in Christ, conquer sin. But what does God tell us about this? There is a plan of God for each of us to live free from the power of sin, and in intimacy with Him. Not a life of constant regrets but of life and freedom. God's victory in Christ is for us to walk in not just strive for

My Review:

To Die Daily was a great, inspirational read full of biblical truths and well-explained thoughts. It had an excellent premise that came through on all levels. It was smoothly written with ease, with well-structured thoughts organized in a readable way. I loved the constantly incorporated Bible verses, all of which were, of course, crucial to everything discussed. :) But not all books are loaded down with scriptural evidence and I really loved that this one was.  It almost felt like a direct commentary of the verses, as if the author had had his thought beforehand and then went and found all his evidence. It had easy-to-understand style and was beautifully done. I loved the stories worked into the book that drove points home, too, and these stories undoubtedly played an important role. Excellent, thought-provoking book; the author is clearly very wise and striving to follow God. God definitely had a part in this book and I loved seeing Him come through :)

This book focused on the idea of “Dying Daily” to our sin in order to come alive in God. Before I started this book, I had an idea of what that meant and thought it was a cool premise, but once I started reading, it didn’t take long for it to blow me away. It was more depth than I expected and everything was explained so well! I don’t think there was one chapter I didn’t absolutely agree with and love. Everything tied together, everything lined up, everything was displayed in an easy-to-understand format. It went very deep to an extent, but didn’t go so far as to baffle readers’ minds or confuse them. Despite the deep themes discussed, everything stayed relatively easy to read and comprehend, which I think is crucial to reaching more readers.

So many excellent points were contained between the pages of this book that I wish it were more popular so they’d be everywhere, for these points are some the public needs to hear! Many caused me to think and even re-evalutate my own life. Everything the author said was direct to what the Bible says, with no fluff or expansions but simply focused just on what God says, which I loved. It’s the style of book I hope to be able to write someday. I have a huge respect for the author and I found this a satisfying, thought-provoking, very insightful, work on God’s love with a very clear call to action that would be impossible to deny after reading this. Highly recommended.

*I recieved a free copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.* 

No comments:

Post a Comment