Thursday, February 5, 2015

Book Review: Taken by Edward Bloor

Title: Taken
Author: Edward Bloor
Published by: Knopf Books for Young Readers


My Rating: ✭✭✩✩✩


Taken by Edward Bloor started out very interesting and I did enjoy the overall story, which takes place in the future (2036) where kidnapping is a common occurrence. Charity Meyers lives under secure protection to stay safe from kidnappers, but then the protection breaks down, and she is kidnapped. She has been trained in kidnapping protocol, but still, she thinks something strange of the whole ordeal. I loved the story concept and I was enjoying the book quite a bit when the ending came along.
The main problem I had with it were the two big surprise twists in the end. They were just so ridiculous and didn’t make any sense whatsoever. I mean, it didn’t make any sense. AT. ALL. 
Good story, good writing, rotten ending. Don’t waste your time and don’t let the back cover fool you.



No comments:

Post a Comment