Sunday, January 4, 2015

Book Review: Sure Signs of Crazy by Karen Harrington

Title: Sure Signs of Crazy
Author: Karen Harrington
Published by: Little, Brown Books for Young Readers (2013) 

My Rating: ✭✭✭✭✩


I loved this book! It was funny, yet serious and realistic. One thing I especially liked was the references to To Kill A Mockingbird, and how Sarah writes to Atticus Finch. 

Characters: Sarah’s character was so likeable, the kind of girl you would become best friends with, if you could. The writing is fantastic, yet it captures Sarah’s thoughts in a realistic way. One thing I wasn’t sure about, at first, was the “relationships,” and bets to kiss boys. I don’t normally enjoy those type of stories, but I have to say, this time, it was written well and stayed appropriate. No kissing actually took place, and everything stayed positive, including people telling Sarah she was too young and trying to keep her on the right track!
Wow, it was such a great read. I will definitely be re-reading this one again! If you haven’t read it yet, do—you won’t be disappointed

No comments:

Post a Comment